S4Y#26: "Crystal Ball" | Keane


"...I remember sitting on the bus, and I was trying to write a song and I realized that I didn't have anything to say at all, and I didn't have any feelings about anything...That was a really scary for me, because I've always had lots to say, and lots of opinions whether right or wrong...and it came out of that that we were all feeling this sense of numbness, this feeling of kinda fading away as people. And I just tried to write about that, and it ended up becoming Crystal Ball."—Tim Rice-Oxley, lead of Keane

The alternative rock band Keane was first featured on Dispatch on 101 Songs of My Third Year. And they are featured here again.

I saw the music video of this song, from their album Under The Iron Sea (what a great title!), on cable television, and it appealed to me. It tells of a story of a man with almost everything he can be thankful for, and suddenly was robbed of these things. He was turned upside down, and so it goes.

That's how this video, and the song of course, appealed to me.

Easily felt, easily understood. Truly real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Opinions? Suggestions? Grammatical errors? Don't hesitate! Give a comment!